Who doesn’t love a no-bake peanut butter pie? It’s sweet, rich, and it tastes just as good as the one from your favorite bakery. This pie recipe is easy to make and will be sure to impress your guests at dinner parties or family gatherings. The best part about this easy peanut butter pie recipe is that there isn’t any baking required – all you need are some simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
Easy Frozen Peanut Butter Pie – A Delicious And Nutty Dessert!
My family loves pie. And, I mean any kind of pie.
- Key Lime
There are just so many!
With summer fast approaching and the heat temperatures rising, my family has been obsessed with this frozen lemonade pie, and I wanted to stay on the frozen pie train.
That’s where this frozen no-bake peanut butter pie came from!
No one can resist a peanut butter pie. It is irresistibly creamy, sweet, gooey, salty… the list goes on! The best part is it doesn’t require any baking time, so you do not need to turn on your oven for this recipe which saves energy in the wintertime when it gets cold outside or in the summer heat if you want to enjoy some of these desserts without heating your home.
What makes peanut butter pies even better (or worse!) is how versatile they are; there really isn’t much stopping you from using all types of nuts as well, like almonds or cashews – or even chocolate if you want to get a little more decadent with it.
Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce and the combo is perfection! (Especially for my husband!)
Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to make this treat because it does take several hours to freeze before serving.
I’m so excited to share this dessert with y’all today!
Ingredients Needed To Make Easy Peanut Butter Pie
Here is a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this sweet dessert pie:
- Cream Cheese: Make sure the cream cheese is thawed to room temperature, so it whips better.
- Frozen Whipped Topping: Try to use frozen whipped topping, like CoolWhip, instead of using real whipped cream. It has a thinner consistency and doesn’t make the filling thick enough. Make sure to let the whipped topping thaw out from the freezer before using.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter: I used crunchy peanut butter to add a bit more of a nutty texture to the frozen pie. You can easily swap it out for creamy peanut butter too!
- Powdered Sugar: Run the powdered sugar through a sifter to eliminate any clumps before adding it to the peanut butter filling.
- Milk: Adding in the milk helps to thin out the filling, so it’s creamy and fluffy.
- Graham Cracker Crust: The perfect crust for this peanut butter pie! I normally buy a premade one from the grocery store to cut down on time.
What To Serve With Nutty Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut butter pie is the perfect dessert on a hot summer day, but you may not know how to serve it. Here are some easy ideas:
- Serve with a scoop of yummy chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
- Top it off with some extra whipped cream and warm chocolate sauce for an indulgent treat!
- You can top it with even more peanut butter because why not.
- Add a layer of fresh strawberry preserves before adding the filling, then top when cooled off. This will make your dessert much sweeter and taste like a PB&J!
Sometimes all you need is just a spoonful!
Frequently Asked Questions About No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Whenever I share this recipe, I get some of the same questions. Here are the most popular ones that people ask!
If you have a question that isn’t listed here, please leave them in the comments, and I’ll answer them as soon as possible.
What are some toppings to add to peanut butter pie?
To jazz up this pie recipe every once in a while, I like to add toppings like chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, peanut butter chips, whipped cream or chopped nuts.
You can also add a few slices of banana for some natural sweetness. (My mouth is watering!)
Can I swap out the graham cracker for something else?
Yes! If you are not a fan of the graham cracker crust or want to switch things up, swap it out for a chocolate or oreo crust. So good!
Can I use a different kind of nut butter?
Sure you can, but it won’t be the same. Peanut butter is the perfect nut butter for this pie! If you were to swap it out, I would swap it for some almond butter.
More Grandma-Approved Recipes To Try
If you enjoyed this recipe for peanut butter pie, take a look at some of these other yummy recipes:
- No-Bake Frozen Lemonade Pie
- Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Okay, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you LOVE this no-bake peanut butter pie recipe? It’s the perfect dessert for any and all pot lucks this summer! Let me know! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below!
Peanut Butter Pie
- Electric Mixer
- Medium mixing bowl
- 8 oz. cream cheese, thawed to room temperature
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together with electric mixer.
- Gently stir in crunchy peanut butter, whipped topping and milk.
- Pour into pie shell and freeze for 8 hours.
- Take the pie out of the freezer and place in the refrigerator a day or two before serving.