- 6 medium or 5 large sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 medium oranges, for zested peel
- ¼ cup whipping cream (or half & half)
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1–2 cups mini marshmallows, optional
- Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour on 400 degrees.
- While the potatoes are cooking, zest the orange peel until you have 3 Tbps.
- Spray the baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Once potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, they are done cooking.
- Allow the potatoes to cool enough to handle, then peel and mash well.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Whip the potato mixture with hand-held mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased baking dish. (You can use the same baking dish that you used for baking the potatoes.)
- Optional: Top with 1-2 cups of mini marshmallows to cover the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes until heated through (and marshmallows are melted and slightly brown on top, if you used them).
- This recipe doesn’t include sugar, but you can add a half a cup of brown sugar if you want a sweeter dish. If you don’t add sugar, but add the marshmallows, it will add to the sweetness.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thanksgiving, sweet potato