- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, halved or chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Go ahead and make your pie crust if you are making it from scratch.
- Melt the butter either in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave or on the stovetop and set it aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk by hand.
- Add sugar and light corn syrup to the eggs and stir well.
- Add melted butter (cooled down a little bit), pecans and vanilla.
- Stir it all to combine well.
- Pour the pie mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the over to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 30-35 mimnutes, until the middle of the pie is no longer jiggly.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
- I use a frozen deep dish pie crust for my pies, but you could absolutely make your own and bake this in your favorite pie plate.
- I prefer to chop the pecans in my pecan pie, but halves are good, too!
- This pie is wonderful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!
- Add 1/4 a cup of chocolate chips to the pie filling to make it a chocolate pecan pie.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nuts, pies