- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour (white or whole wheat)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer.
- Add bananas and mix well.
- Add eggs and continue mixing.
- Dissolve soda in sour cream, then add to mixture.
- Add flour and salt and mix well.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. Hold back a few chocolate chips for sprinkling on top.
- Pour batter into a well-greased and floured pan. Add a few chocolate chips to the top of the loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked goods, banana nut bread recipe with sour cream, breads and muffins, chocolate chip banana nut bread, homemade banana nut bread