Looking for a delicious and easy pizza recipe? You gotta try this BBQ chicken pizza! This recipe is simple to follow and uses only the best ingredients. Plus, it’s made on a homemade crust – so you know it will taste amazing.
This is the perfect pizza for a Friday night dinner or to make with your kids.
It’s pizza night! So, who are you ordering from? Big chain? A local pizza parlor?
Why not go homemade? Making pizza from scratch can be a lot of fun and much more tasty than store-bought. Plus, you get to control the ingredients, and that means getting exactly what you want on your pie.
Lucky you, Friday nights just got a whole lot better with this delicious BBQ chicken pizza recipe. This is the best pizza to make at home, and it’s so easy too! The crust is homemade (and super simple) and topped with all of your favorite bbq chicken toppings.
You’re going to love this pizza – it’s our old favorite!
To make this chicken pizza with BBQ sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
- Hot water: This is super important so you can prepare the yeast to add to the pizza dough.
- Yeast: Active dry yeast is perfect for this recipe, as it creates a fluffy texture that’s great for pizza.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is the best flour to use when it comes to making a homemade pizza crust.
- Salt: This will help enhance the flavor of your dough.
- Sugar: A bit of sugar will give the dough a nice flavor and helps the yeast rise.
- Oil: Olive oil or canola oil will work great here. This will help make the dough easier to work with.
- Cooking spray: This will help keep the pizza dough from sticking to the pan.
BBQ chicken pizza toppings
- BBQ sauce
- Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Bacon (cooked and chopped)
- Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- Onion (chopped and sautéed)
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Kitchen equipment needed
Here are a few things you’ll need to make a delicious barbeque chicken pizza:
- Large mixing bowl
- Pizza pan (or cookie sheet)
- Stand mixer with dough hook (optional)
What to serve with homemade BBQ chicken pizza
This pizza recipe is hearty and filling as is, BUT if you want to add something extra, consider making a classic garden or caesar salad. You can also make some homemade garlic knots to eat along with the pizza.
And, while you are already making a homemade pizza, you might as well make a dessert one as well! This apple pizza with sugar and cinnamon is spectacular. This apple pie is different than the ones you’re used to (but not at the same time).
Crisp, buttery apples with sugar and classic apple pie spices? YUM!
Whenever I share this pizza recipe, I get some of the same questions. Here are the most popular ones that people ask!
If you have a question that isn’t listed here, please leave them in the comments, and I’ll answer them as soon as I possibly can.
What kind of chicken should I use?
I like to use rotisserie chicken for this recipe because it’s already cooked and shredded. However, you can also cook your own chicken breasts and shred them. Just make sure they’re fully cooked before adding them to the pizza.
Can I use a store-bought crust?
Yes, you can use a store-bought crust. However, I highly recommend trying the homemade crust recipe – it’s so good – and easy!
How do I make this bbq chicken pizza recipe gluten-free?
To make this recipe gluten-free, you’ll need to use a gluten-free crust or dough. You can find these at most stores in the freezer section. If you want to make a homemade gluten-free crust, I highly recommend following this recipe from Mama Knows Gluten Free!
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just store it in an airtight container and reheat it when you’re ready to eat.
More grandma-approved recipes to try
If you enjoyed this recipe for yummy barbecue chicken pizza, take a look at some of these other delicious recipes:
- The Best Classic Beef Chili Recipe
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Beef Enchilada Recipe With Cheese Sauce
- Classic Homemade Lasagna
- The Best Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
If you decide to try this recipe, let me know. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below!Print
- 1 cup hot tap water
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- cooking spray
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup bacon pieces, cooked
- 1 cup shredded & cooked chicken
- 1 onion, chopped & sautéed
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in hot tap water.
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- To the flour mixture add water with dissolved yeast and olive oil.
- Stir until well mixed (use your hands to mix).
- Add a little warm water if it’s too thick and dry.
- Sprinkle loose flour on counter and knead dough about 10 times.
- Use enough flour so that dough is not gooey.
- Spray cooking spray on pizza pan
- Let dough rise for about 5 minutes; then spread on pizza pan.
- Use flour on your hands to make it spread easily.
- Add toppings.
- Cook on 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken dinner, pizza