Loaded tater tots are the BEST! These BLT-loaded totchos are a great way to use up some extra bacon and tomatoes that you may have lying around. All you need is five ingredients: frozen taters, crispy bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, and creamy ranch dressing. It’s really easy to make on a weeknight-just follow these steps!
Loaded tater tots are a fun, easy appetizer or side dish that you can whip up on a busy weeknight. They’re also budget-friendly and delicious!
Just recently, we went to a restaurant and fell in love with this classic yet untraditional loaded tater tots recipe! The BLT combo was delightful and my kids loved it.
So, I tried creating it at home and it turned out perfect.
It’s easy, has a delicious taste, and it has bacon bits- what’s not to love?!?
It’s an easy after-school snack or game day appetizer!
To make these loaded tater tots, you will need the following ingredients:
- Frozen Tater Tots: You can use any brand of frozen tater tots. You’ll need a whole bag!
- Bacon: You’ll need about 5-6 slices of crispy bacon to crumble over the top. The thinner the bacon, the crunchier it is. I highly recommend cooking a batch of bacon in the oven!
- Roma Tomatoes: For this recipe, you’ll need to dice the tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces. You can also slice cherry tomatoes.
- Lettuce: I like to use iceberg lettuce for this recipe, but you can use any type of lettuce you like! Try buying shredded lettuce to save time and clean up.
- Ranch Dressing: This is what really makes these loaded tater tots really yummy! You’ll need about ½ cup of creamy ranch dressing for this recipe.
My family loved this recipe as is but sometimes, I like to add a few other garnishes!
Some of my favorites include:
- Green onions
- Cheddar cheese
- Bleu cheese crumbles
- Sliced onions
- Diced avocados
- Fried egg
- Hot sauce
While this loaded tater tots recipe is is perfect as is, it’s pretty versatile and you can easily swap things out.
Even though this is a recipe for loaded tater tots, you can really use any kind of frozen potato such as french fries or potato wedges.
Not a big fan of ranch dressing? Swap it out for another kind of sauce! You can try some bleu cheese dressing or roasted garlic aioli. Or just top the totchos with some sour cream.
What To Serve With Loaded Tater Tots Recipe
This recipe for yummy loaded tater tots is a fun appetizer to serve for game night or a small get-together!
For some extra protein, consider topping it off with some buffalo chicken for dinner!
Whenever I share this loaded tater tots recipe, I get some of the same questions. Here are the most popular ones that people ask!
If you have a question that isn’t listed here, please leave them in the comments, and I’ll answer them as soon as possible.
Can I make these loaded totchos ahead of time?
Yes! You can actually bake or deep fry the tater tots beforehand and prep the other toppings. Then, when you are ready, assemble everything and serve immediately!
Though, I recommend not waiting long as tater tots do not taste that good cold and soggy.
Is it better to make one big serving or do them individually?
It really just depends. If you are just making it for one or 2 people that don’t mind sharing, it might be easier to just make one batch on a baking sheet or large skillet.
If you are planning to make this for a group of people, it might be easier to make separate servings and lay everything out for them to make their own BLT-loaded tater tots.
How do I get the tater tots to be crispy and crunchy?
I recommend baking or deep frying the tater tots until they have a deep golden brown color and serving them immediately!
More Grandma-Approved Recipes
If you loved these BLT-loaded tater tots, here are a few other recipes that you should try! They are all delicious and grandma-approved.
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole With Crescent Rolls
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
BLT Loaded Tater Tots
- 1 bag of frozen tater tots
- 5-6 bacon slices, crumbled
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, sliced and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Cook frozen tater tots according to the package.
- Once cooked, drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Top evenly with chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and crumbled bacon.
- Then drizzle again with ranch dressing.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Save time by buying crumbled bacon and pre-shredded lettuce. I prefer to cut up the tomatoes myself right before I make the dish.