- 3–4 sweet potatoes, rinsed
Baked Sweet Potatoes In The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the sweet potatoes.
- Place them on a baking sheet.
- Roast the potatoes for 50-60 minutes.
Sweet Potatoes In The Air Fryer
- Pierce the sweet potatoes all over with a fork or knife.
- Drizzle olive oil on the outside of the potatoes and rub it in.
- Place sweet potatoes on the air fryer rack or basket – leave space between them and don’t stack them.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Flip them over halfway through the cooking time.
Sweet Potatoes In The Microwave
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork multiple times.
- Place it on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, turning it over halfway through cooking time.
- Cut it open and test how well it is cooked. If you want it softer, cook it again in 30-second increments.
Sweet Potatoes In The Instant Pot
- Pierce the sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Set a heatproof trivet or a steamer basket inside your Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the removable bowl and add the potatoes to the steamer basket.
- Cook under high pressure for 12-25 minutes, depending on the size of your sweet potatoes. It will take about 7-10 minutes for it to come up to pressure.
- Naturally, release the pressure. This will take about 10 minutes.
Sweet Potatoes In The Slow Cooker
- Place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Baked Sweet Potatoes On The Grill
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Plate the potatoes directly on the grill grates.
- Cover and grill them, flipping halfway through until they can be pierced with a fork. This takes roughly 30-45 minutes.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into long fry-shaped strips
- Add the fries to a baking sheet in a single layer
- Drizzle some olive oil on top
- Season with sea salt and black pepper
- Bake them at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Peel the sweet potatoes
- Chop them into 1/2-inch cubes
- Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Roast them in the oven at 400º for 25 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway, until they are crispy on the outside.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potatoes, Thanksgiving, vegetable