- 6 oz. strawberry Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 16 oz. package of frozen sliced strawberries, partly thawed
- 15 oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained very well
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Pull the strawberries from the freezer and allow to slightly thaw.
- Mix the Jello with the boiling water, stir until dissolved.
- Drain the pineapple. I press the water out of the pineapple in a metal mesh strainer.
- Add the strawberries and pineapple to the Jello mixture.
- Pour half the mixture into the mold and refrigerate until firm.
- Spread the sour cream on top of the Jello in the mold.
- Then top with the remaining Jello mixture and refrigerate until firm.
- Remove the Jello salad from the mold by dipping the bottom of the mold into hot water for 10-20 seconds. Score the edges with a knife. Place a plate on top of the mold and turn it over to let the Jello salad fall out.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- The star mold I use is a 5-cup mold.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad, fruit, jello, dessert, side dish