Bacon and Cheese Quiche
This bacon and cheese quiche recipe is both luxurious and incredibly simple to make. Perfect to serve for a yummy breakfast, this quiche recipe will impress all of your family and guests. Plus, who doesn't love bacon for breakfast?!?
Medium mixing bowl
- 5 eggs, mixed with a fork
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. flour mixed with ¼ cup of water
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 deep dish pie shell, uncooked
Filling (choose any combination)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup onion, grated
- ¼ tsp. dried rosemary (or fresh rosemary chopped)
- 6 Tbsp. red, green or yellow pepper, minced
- ⅓ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup bacon pieces or ham, diced
- ½ small package of frozen spinach thawed with moisture pressed out
Cook bacon first, if using real bacon pieces.
Set out frozen spinach to thaw, if you're using spinach
Preheat oven to 325º.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients and mix with whisk or fork
Sprinkle cheese on the bottom of the pie shell.
Next layer the bacon and any other combination of filling ingredients you want.
Pour the egg and cream mixture into the uncooked pie shell.
Bake in a preheated oven at 325º for 1 hour, until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let sit for 15-20 miuntes after it comes out of the oven in order to let it cool slightly.