Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
There is nothing better than a hot serving of creamy rice and chicken - except of course a double serving! I love how easy it is to make satisfying bakes like this chicken and rice casserole, especially when it comes out tasting this good.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, patted dry
- 10 ½ oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 10 ½ oz. water (fill up empty soup can)
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 2-4 Tbsp. melted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350º.
In a medium bowl, hand mix together cream of chicken soup and water with a whisk.
Whisk in dry onion soup mix.
Add rice to the soup mixture and pour into casserole dish.
Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
Place chicken breasts on top of the soup mixture in the casserole dish.
Melt butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
Spoon melted butter over the chicken.
Bake covered for 30 minutes on 350 degrees.
Then bake 30 more minutes uncovered or until tender. (See notes.)
- This was one of two Sunday lunch meals for my family growing up. And so my mom would cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the oven on 250 degrees for 3 hours. And it would cook while we were at church. I recommend only doing this if you have a setting on your oven that will turn it off after 3 hours. But it was always delicious and tender!