Easy Homemade Waffle Recipe
Are you looking for an easy homemade waffle recipe? Toss that waffle mix box and look no further! This recipe only takes 7 ingredients to make, and will forever change the way you make waffles. Not to mention, they are perfect for Sunday brunch with family and friends!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk, warmed if using melted butter in the recipe
- ½ cup oil or melted butter
- 2 cups flour, white or whole wheat, or a combination
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar or honey
- ½¼ tsp. salt
In a medium to large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy.
Combine all ingredients in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
Cook in a preheated waffle iron for about 4 minutes, or the time identified by your waffle iron.
Serve warm, topped with butter and maple syrup. Add whipped cream and sliced fruit if desired.
- Optional: add ¼ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the waffle mix.
- Optional: add ¼ cup of ground flax seeds to the waffle mix.
- Room temperature or warm milk works best if you use melted butter in the recipe.