Beef Enchiladas with Cheese Sauce
Yummy beef enchiladas with delicious meat and cheese filling, corn tortillas and a creamy decadent cheese sauce will delight your family and feed a crowd!
Ground Beef Filling
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 5 1/2 oz. can evaporated milk
- 4 oz. jar of pimientos
- 4 oz. can of diced green chiles
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
- 24-32 corn tortillas, warmed I do this one-by-one in a warm skillet with a drizzle of oil, as I fill them. This keeps the corn tortillas from cracking.
- drizzle of oil
In large sauce pan, brown ground beef and chopped onions. Drain if necessary.
Add cumin, salt and cheddar cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt.
Separate this mixture into fourths. Split each fourth into 6 equal parts and use that amount as filling for each tortilla. (It's a little less than ¼ of a cup in each tortilla.)
Roll each tortilla as you fill it and place it, seam side down, in 1 very large or 2 medium sized casserole dishes.
Combine the Cheese Sauce ingredients in double boiler and heat until Velveeta cheese melts. Pour over rolled tortillas.
Bake uncovered on 350º for 30 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbly.