Classic Cheesecake Recipe
If you've been on the hunt for a delicious homemade cheesecake recipe, look no further. This velvety-rich dessert is absolutely delicious and delightful for your taste buds. You'll have no regrets when you make this classic cheesecake!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 32 oz. cream cheese, softened (must be softened!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix the graham cracker crumbs, 3 Tbsp. of sugar and 3 Tbsp. of butter.
Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan
Bake for 10 minutes on 325 degrees.
With a stand mixer, beat softened cream cheese and sugar very well until light and fluffy.
Mix in flour and vanilla, then sour cream until well combined.
Add eggs and stir by hand very gently until just combined. This will help your cheesecake from cracking when you bake it.
Pour the mixture into the baked pie crust and bake on 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is almost set.
Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake. This prevents the cheesecake from sticking to the sides when it falls.
Refrigerate and serve chilled. Top with chocolate or strawberry sauce.
- Be sure to let the cream cheese sit on the counter for a couple hours before making this dish. If it's not softened, your cheesecake will be lumpy!
- Let the eggs reach room temperature as well to keep the cheesecake from cracking.
- Also, be sure to gently stir in the eggs to keep the cheesecake from cracking as well!