- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus a drizzle for cooking chicken
- 1 lemon
- garlic powder for seasoning chicken
- salt for seasoning chicken
- pepper for seasoning chicken
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¾ lbs. dried fettuccine, cooked according to package
- 1.5–2 pounds of chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
Seasonings for Sauce:
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once it starts boiling, add fettuccine to pot and cook according to package directions.
- Before draining the fettuccine, reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain. Keep empty pot handy for final step.
- While fettuccine is cooking, pat chicken dry with paper towels and season all over with salt, pepper, garlic powder and lemon juice.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Turn off heat; transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- In the same pan used for the chicken, add 2 Tbs. of olive oil and butter.
- When butter is partly melted, pour in cream and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continually. Let boil for 2-3 minutes allowing sauce to thicken some.
- Spoon in cream cheese cubes and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in grated parmesan and seasonings: dried basil, dried parsley, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- If sauce is too thick, stir in ¼ cup hot water from cooking pasta.
- Cut chicken in 1-inch cubes.
- Mix sauce, pasta and chicken together in large pot. Serve warm with toasted garlic bread.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken dinner, pasta